Burnt Garlic Basil Millet
By Chef Guntas
1. Rinse 1/2 cup Foxtail millet @consciousfoodindia and boil it with little salt until done. Once done, strain and keep it aside.
2. In a pan, heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan , add 3 tbsp chopped garlic and heat until golden brown. Remove half the garlic and keep it aside.
3. Add 1 finely chopped red bell pepper, 1/4th of chopped spring onion bulb and sauté for a couple of minutes.
4. Now add the boiled millet, 1/2 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp crushed pepper, salt to taste.
5. Finely add sliced red chilli and bunch of fresh basil leaves. Taste and adjust.
6. Mix it all together and serve with burnt garlic on top.