Green Suleimani Chai
This black tea, popular in the middle-east and at home in Kerala and Hyderabad, is typically made with black Assam tea and whole spices—in our version, we’ve used Green Tea Plus, infused with spices and Alfalfa in combination with cinnamon, star anise and green cardamom. Serve hot with a squirt of lime juice and/or a swirl of Harde honey, if you like your teas sweetened.
- 500 milliliters water
- 1 star anise
- 2-3 green cardamom
- 2 teaspoons Green Tea Plus
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- Harde honey (optional)
- Lime slices (optional)
- Mint leaves (optional)
- Place all the ingredients (except the optional ingredients) in a kettle or pot and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for a minute and strain into a teapot or glasses.
- Serve hot with all or a preferred combination of the optional ingredients.
Shop Now -
Green Tea Plus - https://www.consciousfood.com/products/green-tea-plus
Cinnamon Powder - https://www.consciousfood.com/products/cinnamon-powder
Harde Honey - https://www.consciousfood.com/products/harde-honey