Jowar Dalia Tabbouleh
Traditionally, a Tabbouleh is made using bulgur wheat or what we would identify as Wheat Dalia here. The perfectly cooked bulgur forms the bulk of the salad and garden fresh vegetables and a liberal amount of herbs bring in a freshness and lightness that is welcome on a warm day. In this recipe, we have used the Jowar Dalia as an option for those with celiac disease or gluten intolerance.
- ½ cup Jowar Dalia
- 2 cups of water
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 large tomato, deseeded and chopped
- 3-4 spring onions, chopped (or use regular onions)
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 small bunch fresh mint, chopped
- ½ teaspoon Rock Salt
- ½ teaspoon Raw Sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Place the Jowar Dalia in a pan along with the water and a pinch of salt. Cook on medium heat until the Dalia is cooked through but not mushy (there should be no opaqueness in the grain). Drain and leave to cool; then fluff up using a fork. Keep aside.
- Make a dressing using the Sendha Namak, Raw Sugar, lime juice and olive oil. Mix well.
- Mix all ingredients together and serve immediately.