Lemon Rasam Recipe
With the cold comes the pollution, and sinuses are officially off duty for at least two months.
That’s when this simple lemon rasam comes in handy. It doesn’t need any complicated masalas, and yet, it provides warmth, comfort and a gentle immunity boost.
- ¼ cup Tuvar Daal, cooked in 1 and ½ cups of water until soft
- juice of one lemon
- ¼ inch young ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon Gir Ghee
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 2 dried red chilies, broken in half
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- Pinch asafoetida
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon roasted cumin seed powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon jaggery
1. Blend the cooked daal with 1 and ½ cups of water.
2. To this, add salt, grated ginger, cumin seed powder, and jaggery. Bring to a boil.
3. Meanwhile, heat the ghee in another pan. Add mustard seeds, asafetida, turmeric, red chilies and curry leaves. When the tempering splutters, add it to the boiling daal.
4. Simmer for 3-4 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the lemon juice. Serve immediately.
Shop Now -
Mustard Seeds - https://www.consciousfood.com/products/mustard-seeds-rai-organic
Turmeric Powder - https://www.consciousfood.com/products/turmeric-powder
Cumin Powder - https://www.consciousfood.com/products/cumin-powder