Root Vegetable Stew
This rich, creamy stew pairs well with soak-friendly rustic breads or a bed of brown rice with equal ease. The delicate aroma of rosemary elevates the flavour profile to bring in a sense of calm, wellness and warmth.
- 2 red carrots, cut into big pieces
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato, cut into big pieces
- ¼ cup yam or purple yam, cut into big pieces
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup spinach, torn
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed pot.
- Add the bay leaf and the rosemary. Saute briefly.
- Now, add the onions and sweat them until translucent.
- Add the carrot, sweet potato and yams, followed by salt and vegetable stock. Cover and cook until the vegetables are almost entirely cooked.
- Turn down the heat and add the coconut milk and black pepper. Simmer for 1-2 minutes to allow the flavors to merge. Turn off the heat.
- Finally, add the spinach and serve immediately with a side of bread or brown rice.
Shop Now -
Black Pepper - https://www.consciousfood.com/products/black-pepper