Seasonal Peach Cake with Filter Coffee Glaze Recipe
Stone fruit lends itself beautifully to bakes, oozing its juices and colour into the dish as it slowly cooks in the oven.
We’re going to bring a slightly “adult” flavor to a classic peach cake by drizzling it with a Filter Coffee Glaze.
The deep caramel tones of the coffee compliment the floral syrupiness of the peaches, making this an excellent cake to serve with coffee or even as dessert, topped with a little whipped cream.
- 4 tablespoons of Conscious Food Filter Coffee Powder
- ½ cup hot water
- 6 tablespoons icing sugar
- 175 grams plain flour (maida)
- 25 grams finely ground almonds
- 200 grams caster sugar
- 200 grams butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large peaches, stoned and sliced
- Zest of half an orange
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the ground almonds and orange zest to this. Mix lightly using a whisk.
- Add three-fourths of the sliced peaches to this mixture and toss lightly to coat.
- Place the eggs, butter, and sugar in a blender or food processor and blend until light and creamy. And the vanilla and blend again, momentarily, until combined.
- Add the blender mixture to the flour mixture in the mixing bowl and fold with a light hand using a spatula.
- Pour the batter into an 8-inch greased tin lined with parchment. Top with the remaining peaches.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170 degrees centigrade for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Invert the cake on a wire rack and allow to cool. Return the cake top side up to a serving platter when ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, make the coffee decoction for the glaze: place 4 tablespoons of the Conscious Food Filter Coffee powder in a South Indian Coffee Filter or French Press and top with half a cup of hot water.
- When the coffee is ready, proceed with the glaze: mix half the quantity of the coffee decoction with the icing sugar and mix well to achieve a dropping consistency.
- Drizzle this glaze on the cake just before serving.
Shop Now -
Filter Coffee Powder - https://www.consciousfood.com/products/filter-coffee-1