Sprouted Wheat Dalia Paella
Who doesn’t love a piping hot Paella? Rice cooked just right, fragrant saffron coming through? Comfort by another name! What if we gave you another, local alternative for rice? Try this Paella recipe using Sprouted Wheat Dalia—it is protein packed, light on digestion, and just as satisfying. This is a very basic version, but you could add other vegetables—zucchini, mushrooms, and eggplants in yours.
- 1 cup Sprouted Wheat Dalia
- 2 cups of water
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup mixed red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- ¼ cup green peas
- A good pinch of saffron
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Kashmiri chili powder
- ¼ cup white wine (optional; reduce water by ¼ cup if using)
- Juice of ½ a lime
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Heat a wide (preferably cast iron) pan and add the extra virgin olive oil. Tip in the garlic and onions and sauté until fragrant.
- Next, add the bell peppers and sauté well until the edges begin to get slightly brown.
- Now, add the tomatoes and mix well until slightly mushy.
- Tip in the Sprouted Wheat Dalia straight from the pack (no need to wash) and sauté briefly. Add the peas and mix well.
- Season with salt.
- Now, add the water and wine, if using, and stir well. Add the red chili powder and saffron and stir.
- Bring to a gentle boil and then cover to cook (about 10-12 minutes).
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander or parsley and serve hot.
Shop Now -
Kashmiri Red Chili Powder - https://www.consciousfood.com/products/kashmiri-red-chilli-powder