Strawberry Salad with Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing
Who said strawberries are meant only for cream? There are many different savoury ways in which you can use strawberries. This Strawberry Salad is made using a fruity apple cider vinegar dressing, which accentuates the freshness of the berries further.
You can also use a mix of lettuces or several kinds of berries for this antioxidant rich salad.
- 8-10 young spinach leaves, roughly torn
- 8-10 strawberries, sliced
- 4-5 Basil leaves, roughly torn
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, lightly roasted
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon Sendha Namak
- ¼ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- First, make the dressing by placing the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a bowl or small jam jar and whisking to emulsify.
- Next, place all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Add the dressing and toss gently.
- Serve immediately.