Keto diet is incomplete without a little bit of coconut oil, or lots of it!
For the unknown, keto is a high-fat, low-carbohydrate eating plan that is popular for its weight management abilities. The objective is to shift the body’s primary source of energy from carbohydrates to fats.
While it includes a lot of food items, one that fits in organically is the good old coconut oil. Rich in triglycerides (fats molecules in the blood that store energy) , it is an essential part of a keto diet because it helps the body in switching its main fuel source from carbs to fats. Here are a few lesser known benefits of coconut oil that you shouldn't miss:
- Improves oral health: Coconut oil pulling is an ancient technique that promotes dental health by reducing harmful bacteria and plaque.
- Keeps your brain safe: Coconut oil’s unique composition provides an alternative energy source and helps in preventing brain disorders.
- Kills infections: Coconut oil has lauric acid that fights fungal and yeast infections.
- Helps burn fat: The saturated fats help in increasing the number of calories burned and reducing hunger pangs.
- Strengthens gut: A small amount of coconut oil consumed on a daily basis is the secret to better nutrient absorption and an improved gut health.
But how to include coconut oil in your diet?
Just swap your regularly consumed oil with cold -pressed coconut oil, be it stir fried veggies with a dash of coconut oil or coconut oil popcorn, it only gets better, taste and health wise!
So, when are you joining the coco-gang?