By Chef Guntas
1. Peel 3-4 Plantains/ raw green bananas with a peeler or knife.
2. Slice them thinly with even thickness.
3. Soak the slices in a bowl of water mixed with 1 tsp turmeric powder @consciousfoodindia for at least 30 minutes. Pat dry with a kitchen towel.
4. Toss with 2 tbsp coconut oil @consciousfoodindia & salt & red chilli powder @consciousfoodindia .
5. Arrange all the slices from the plantain into the air fryer basket overlapping each other. Adjust the Time and Temperature to 150 C and 10 - 12 minutes. Flip and turn the plantain chips around every 5 minutes, so that they evenly dry out. This helps in dehydrating the chips. Now Increase the temperature to 180C / 350F and cook for 2-3 minutes, checking every 1 minute in between. If you seen some of the chips are ready, remove them and continue to cook.
6. Allow the chips to cook a bit as they will crisp further.
7. Sprinkle a little more salt/Chaat masala if you prefer and serve.
Turmeric Powder https://www.consciousfood.com/products/turmeric-powder?_pos=1&_psq=turm&_ss=e&_v=1.0
Coconut Oil https://www.consciousfood.com/products/coconut-oil?_pos=2&_psq=coco&_ss=e&_v=1.0
Red Chilli Powder https://www.consciousfood.com/products/red-chilli-powder?_pos=1&_psq=red%20chilli&_ss=e&_v=1.0