By Chef Guntas
Savor the delightful taste of Chef Guntas' Banana Chips - an easy, quick, and irresistibly tasty snack. Healthier than store-bought, these homemade chips are the perfect guilt-free indulgence.
Total Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 3-4 Plantains or raw green bananas
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Red chili powder (to taste)
- Chaat masala (optional, for seasoning)
- Peel 3-4 Plantains/ raw green bananas with a peeler or knife.
- Slice them thinly with even thickness.
- Soak the slices in a bowl of water mixed with 1 tsp turmeric powder for at least 30 minutes. Pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Toss with 2 tbsp coconut oil & salt & red chilli powder.
- Arrange all the slices from the plantain into the air fryer basket overlapping each other. Adjust the Time and Temperature to 150 C and 10 - 12 minutes. Flip and turn the plantain chips around every 5 minutes, so that they evenly dry out. This helps in dehydrating the chips. Now Increase the temperature to 180C / 350F and cook for 2-3 minutes, checking every 1 minute in between. If you seen some of the chips are ready, remove them and continue to cook.
- Allow the chips to cook a bit as they will crisp further.
- Sprinkle a little more salt/Chaat masala if you prefer and serve.
Find more recipes: @consciousfoodindia