This indulgent Halva is made using the Indian superfood, Amaranth (Rajgeera or Ramdana), and had a nutty aroma that is only enhanced upon roasting. Better still, it takes half as much time to make!
- 1 cup Amaranth flour
- 4 tablespoons Gir Ghee
- 3 cups milk
- ½ cup sugar (more or less as liked)
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- Slivered pistachios for garnish
1. Place the flour and ghee in a thick-bottomed pan on medium heat.
2. Roast well until light brown in colour.
3. Add the milk and mix. Once the milk has been absorbed, add the sugar and cardamom powder and mix again until the sugar dissolves and the Halva looks glossy.
4. Remove the Halva into a serving dish and garish with slivers of pistachio.
Shop Now -
Amarnath Flour - https://www.consciousfood.com/products/amaranth-flour-rajgira-atta