There’s something of an old world charm and comfort in these individual baked apples, which were a hit in the 70s.
Served warm with a spot of softly whipped cream and toasted almonds, they make for a lovely end to a traditional family meal.
If your apples are too large, use half an apple per head and bake them cut side up.
- 1 Granny Smith Apple per head
- Golden Raisins
- Cinnamon powder
- Raw sugar
- Soft whipped cream
- Tasted flaked almonds for garnish
1. Core every apple almost but not all the way through.
2. Around the equator of the apple, make a shallow incision through the skin.
3. Mix raisins with butter, sugar, and cinnamon powder in the ratio of your liking.
4. Spoon the raisin filling in each apple.
5. Line the apples close together in a baking dish. Cover with foil.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 170 degrees centigrade for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for a further 5 minutes.
7. Serve each apple with softly whipped cream and toasted almonds.
Shop Now -
Raw Sugar - https://www.consciousfood.com/products/raw-sugar
Cinnamon Powder - https://www.consciousfood.com/products/cinnamon-powder