Buckwheat flour can be a little tough to handle but the addition of boiled potatoes in this dish acts as a binder and imparts a satisfyingly caramelized taste to the puris when fried.
A delicious nutty, healthy spin to the conventional puri!
- 2 cups of Buckwheat flour (Kuttu ka Atta)
- 1 large potato, boiled
- 2 green chilies, pounded to a coarse paste
- a small bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
- ½ teaspoon of Sendha Namak
- Oil for deep frying
1. Peel and grate the potato.
2. Place all the ingredients except the oil in a mixing basin and using a little water at a time, make a soft and pliable dough.
3. Leave to rest, covered, for 5-10 minutes.
4. Roll out the dough into a ¼ inch thick disc using a little dry buckwheat flour to ensure it does not stick to the surface.
5. Cut out small discs using a cookie cutter or steel bowl.
6. Deep fry on a medium-high flame until puffed and browned.
7. Drain and serve immediately with a bowl of cooling yogurt or aloo ki subzi.
Shop Now -
Buckwheat Flour - https://www.consciousfood.com/products/flour-buckwheat