By Chef Guntas
Introducing Chef Guntas' Foxtail Millet Stir-Fry: a delicious Asian dish that adds a healthy and flavorful option to your weekly dinners. Enjoy the perfect blend of sautéed bell peppers, fresh basil, and nutritious foxtail millet in every bite.
Packed with essential nutrients, foxtail millet provides dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals. As a gluten-free option, it caters to various dietary preferences while promoting good digestion. Make this delightful stir-fry not only a culinary adventure but also a nourishing choice for your well-being.
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Serving: 2 people
- 1/2 cup Foxtail millet
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 red bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1/4th spring onion bulb (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp crushed pepper
- Sliced red chili (to taste)
- Fresh basil leaves
- Burnt garlic (for topping)
1. Rinse 1/2 cup Foxtail millet and boil it with little salt until done. Once done, strain and keep it aside.
2. In a pan, heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan , add 3 tbsp chopped garlic and heat until golden brown. Remove half the garlic and keep it aside.
3. Add 1 finely chopped red bell pepper, 1/4th of chopped spring onion bulb and sauté for a couple of minutes.
4. Now add the boiled millet, 1/2 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp crushed pepper, salt to taste.
5. Finely add sliced red chilli and bunch of fresh basil leaves. Taste and adjust.
6. Mix it all together and serve with burnt garlic on top.