This month we collaborated with the lovely Swayampurna of La Petit Chef. Swayampurna is a banker-turned-chef, and the author of My Indian Kitchen. We loved her innovative take on these delicious cookies using our Organic Bengal Gram Flour.
Chickpea flour chocolate chunk cookies or gram flour cookies are the perfect gluten free, no butter bake option that you can whip up in 20 mins flat, including baking time!! Imagine soft centred cookies where you bite into molten dark chocolate chunks everytime you take a bite.
- 1 1/2 cups gram flour or chickpea flour besan
- 1/2 cup virgin avocado oil
- 1/2 cup soft dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks (used a mix of dark and milk)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 whole egg at room temperature
1. Start by mixing together the dry ingredients like the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Keep it aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 180C or 350F.
3. In another bowl add the oil and sugar, cream it till its smooth. Now add the egg, vanilla essence and beat further.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mix thoroughly till its all one color and no flour streaks remain.
5. Add the chocolate chunks and fold it in with a spoon or by your hands as i do.
6. Now make small 1 inch spheres of this dough and lay it on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Flatten it lightly with your fingers, then press the fork tines on it to make marks.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 11 mins till the edges seem slightly crispy.
8. Remove and let cool for 5 mins before transferring them to a wired cooler. Enjoy with coffee or a glass of milk!
Shop Now -
Chickpea Flour - https://www.consciousfood.com/products/bengal-gram-flour-chana-atta