Falaari Peanut Patties Recipe
This indulgent recipe needs a little prep but makes for a great rainy day snack if you’re quite tired of pakodas by now.
Or simply make some for dinner alongside a warming soup!
- 5-6 medium-sized potatoes, boiled and cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup peanuts, roasted, skinned and ground
- ½ cup fresh grated coconut
- ¼ cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 3-4 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin seed powder
- ½ teaspoon raw sugar
- Juice of half a lime
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or arrowroot powder + for dredging
- Salt to taste
- Oil for pan frying
1. Peel and grate the potatoes. Season with salt and add 2 tablespoons of cornstarch or arrowroot powder and mix well to form a soft and pliable dough. If you find it is too sticky, add a little extra cornstarch. Shape into balls about the size of a small orange and keep aside.
2. Now, make the filling—place the ground peanuts, coconut, coriander, roasted cumin seed powder, salt, sugar and lime juice in a mixing bowl and mix well.
3. Flatten each potato ball into a disc about 4 inches in diameter. Place about 2 tablespoons of the peanut filling in the middle and seal to form a ball again. Flatten slightly to a thick disc.
4. Dredge the discs in a little cornstarch or arrowroot powder and pan fry in hot oil until golden brown on both sides.
5. Serve hot with a chutney of choice.
Shop Now -
Cumin Seed Powder - https://www.consciousfood.com/products/cumin-powder
Raw Sugar - https://www.consciousfood.com/products/raw-sugar