- 1 cup mixed lentil sprouts
- 6-7 shallots
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 7-8 garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 green chilli
- 2 tbsps groundnut or coconut oil
- 1 tsp groundnut oil
- 1⁄4 tsp asafoetida/ hing
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 1⁄3 cup spinach
- Salt to taste
- 3⁄4 tsp Conscious Food's garam masala
- 1⁄2 tsp fresh turmeric or turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp tamarind pulp
- 1 tbsp jaggery or any sweetener of choice
- Moong sprouts and red chilli flakes to garnish (optional)
- Steam the lentil sprouts until tender and keep aside. Sauté spinach in a tsp of oil on medium high flame until cooked and slightly crisp and keep that aside too.
- Purée shallots, curry leaves, garlic, ginger and green chilli with a little water.
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the hing. Mix in the puréed mix and cook on medium flame until it releases oil. Add in the grated turmeric or turmeric powder, salt, red chilli powder, conscious foods garam masala and mix well. Add the steamed sprouts and mix until the sprouts are coated well in the masala.
- Add in the coconut milk, cover the pan and let it simmer on low flame for 5-6 mins. Add in a little water if you prefer the stew to be of thinner consistency. Mix in tamarind and jaggery.
- Let it simmer again for 2-3 mins.
- Mix in the cooked spinach. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Garnish with moong sprouts and red chilli flakes and serve with sourdough or breads of choice.