This light winter/monsoon salad comes together in no time and makes for an excellent meal by itself or as a side for an Asian-themed dinner.
- 1 long eggplant, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 green or yellow zucchini
- 1 small bowl firm tofu, sliced
- 2 spring onions, cut into batons
- 3-4 baby corn, sliced lengthways
- 3-4 slices of pineapple
- 1 tablespoon +1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- ¼ teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons unpolished White Sesame Seeds, toasted
- Juice of one lime
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon Raw Sugar
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons + 2 teaspoons Conscious Food Sesame Oil
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves
1. First, make the dressing, mix the chili flakes, sesame oil, ginger, salt, soy sauce, sugar and black pepper in a pan and bring to a gentle boil until the sugar melts.
2. Cool the mixture and then add the lime juice. Keep aside.
3. Mix one tablespoon of chili flakes and salt. Use this mixture as a rub for all the vegetables, tofu, and the pineapple.
4. Heat a grill pan on medium-high heat and drizzle a little sesame oil on it.
5. When hot, grill all the vegetables (except the spring onion), tofu, and pineapple, one layer at a time till they are almost completely cooked and both sides have distinct char marks.
6. Remove and arrange on a platter. Sprinkle the spring onions and half the coriander. Drizzle a liberal amount of the dressing.
7. Top with the remaining coriander and a dash of the sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Shop Now -
White Sesame Seeds - https://www.consciousfood.com/products/sesame-seeds-white
Raw Sugar - https://www.consciousfood.com/products/raw-sugar
Salt - https://www.consciousfood.com/products/sea-salt
Black Pepper - https://www.consciousfood.com/products/black-pepper
Sesame Oil - https://www.consciousfood.com/products/sesame-oil-2