This rich, creamy stew pairs well with soak-friendly rustic breads or a bed of brown rice with equal ease.
The delicate aroma of rosemary elevates the flavour profile to bring in a sense of calm, wellness and warmth.
- 2 red carrots, cut into big pieces
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato, cut into big pieces
- ¼ cup yam or purple yam, cut into big pieces
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup spinach, torn
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon butter
1. Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed pot.
2. Add the bay leaf and the rosemary. Saute briefly.
3. Now, add the onions and sweat them until translucent.
4. Add the carrot, sweet potato and yams, followed by salt and vegetable stock. Cover and cook until the vegetables are almost entirely cooked.
5. Turn down the heat and add the coconut milk and black pepper. Simmer for 1-2 minutes to allow the flavors to merge. Turn off the heat.
6. Finally, add the spinach and serve immediately with a side of bread or brown rice.
Shop Now -
Bay Leaf - https://www.consciousfood.com/products/cinnamon-leaf-tej-patta
Black Pepper - https://www.consciousfood.com/products/black-pepper