This crunchy salad is the perfect blend of sweet, sour, and hot flavors. Throw in some glass noodles and you can even have it as a meal by itself!
- ½ cup green cucumbers, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 8-10 French beans, strung and cut into half
- 4-5 spring onions, sliced lengthways
- ½ cup carrot, cut into juliennes
- ¼ cup raw papaya, cut into juliennes
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped coriander with stem
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped lemongrass root
- ¼ teaspoon finely julienned ginger
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Conscious Food Palm Jaggery
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons roasted and coarsely ground peanuts
1 Blanch the French beans in boiling water for 1 minute and refresh in ice water to retain the color.
2. To make the dressing: mix the ginger, chili flakes, lemongrass, soy sauce and jaggery in a small pan and place on low heat for 1 minute until the jaggery sugar begins to dissolve.
3. Take the pan off the heat and add the lemon juice. Mix well.
4. To assemble the salad, simply toss all the ingredients and the dressing together in a mixing bowl and serve chilled.
Shop Now -
Palm Jaggery - https://www.consciousfood.com/products/palm-jaggery