Eat Kand this month, we said in our December Eating Guide. Here’s one way to cook it hassle-free.
Pair it with the new Conscious Food Ketchup, and you have a bowlful of guilt-free snacking!
This is a basic recipe; you could play around with whatever seasoning you like (thyme, rosemary, chili flakes, Thai curry paste—the possibilities are endless)!
You could also include Suran (elephant foot yam) and new potatoes in the mix.
- 1 small (about 150 grams) purple yam or Kand
- 1 (about 150 grams) sweet potato
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- All Natural Ketchup by Conscious Food
1. Peel the root vegetables and chop them into large wedges.
2. Place on a baking tray.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper and drizzle the vegetable oil. Toss or rub to coat the wedges evenly with the seasoning.
4. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 200 degrees centigrade for 20 minutes.
5. Then, uncover and toss once. Return to the oven without the foil and bake for a further 10-15 minutes or until the wedges are cooked through and crisp on the edges.
6. Serve hot with Conscious Food Tomato Ketchup to dip in.
Shop Now -
Black Pepper - https://www.consciousfood.com/products/black-pepper
Vegetable Oil - https://www.consciousfood.com/collections/ghee-oils