This a really versatile recipe—you could either stop at the cake stage and devour it as is or, if you really have the patience, proceed further to make Cake Rusk!
- 1 cup all purpose flour (maida)
- ¾ cup Raw Sugar
- ¼ cup Gir Cow Ghee
- ¼ cup yogurt (dahi)
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom Seeds, roughly powdered
- ¼ teaspoon Rock Salt
Method:1. First, grease and line a loaf tin with baking parchment.
2. Then, using a whisk, mix the ghee and sugar together in a large bowl until creamy.
powder, baking soda, cardamom, and salt. Use a whisk or fork to mix these so the mixture stays light.
5. Mix the wet and dry ingredients to make a smooth and creamy batter.
6. Pour into the prepared loaf tin and bake at 180 degrees centigrade for 30-35 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Shop Now -
Raw Sugar - https://www.consciousfood.com/products/raw-sugar
Rock Salt - https://www.consciousfood.com/products/rock-salt